Here at High Meadows Golf & Country Club, we are proud of our beautiful golf course and the other amenities our club has to offer. Playing 18 holes on a course designed by George Cobb that meanders through the rolling hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains is a great way to spend a day. But what makes that experience even greater is the atmosphere on the course, where you can play at your own speed, with friends, worried about nothing else but relaxing, having a good time, and perfecting your game.
The way we keep that atmosphere alive is through our position as a private membership golf club. There are plenty of public golf courses in our state, which has helped grow the popularity of the sport, a benefit to us all. And there are also golf clubs that offer memberships while also allowing the public to come on and play. There are benefits to both of those types of set ups. But there are also benefits to the members-only club, and we feel that helps set us apart.
Here are a few of the benefits you’ll find from belonging to a members-only golf club:
- Better Playing Conditions. Of course, we take great pride in our course and work hard to keep the fairways and greens in top shape. But there’s always a toll taken on the course by the normal wear and tear of everyday traffic. By limiting our club to only members, we are able to regulate the amount of traffic on the course. This means fewer divots, less time spent on the grass by golf carts, and not as many cleated golf shoes tramping down the delicate grass of the putting green. Less traffic combined with a rigorous maintenance schedules ensures a pristine course every time you tee off.
- Better Playing Schedules. Less traffic is not only better for the upkeep of the course, it’s also a benefit to our members. Because of our membership policies, we don’t have as many people playing our course as public courses. That means there’s more flexibility in playing times. Another benefit is we can space out the tee times to help you make the most of your playing time. If you want to fit in 18 holes quickly between other appointments, the less crowded course makes it easier to get through in four hours or less. But if you’re with a group that wants to take their time, you can go at your own pace without feeling rushed.
- Invitations to Tournaments. In addition to maintaining a beautiful course, we also take pride in our wonderful tournaments and club events. By being a member you get invited to take part in our activities, giving you the opportunity to meet other members and test your skills.
- Tips from the Pros. No matter what level your golf game is at, having a coach can always help you improve. As a member at High Meadows Golf & Country Club, you have access to lessons with our two top-notch golf pros. They are there to help you improve your swing, straighten up your putt, or learn how to place the ball on the fairway for the best approach to the green.
- Attention to Ladies. These days, women and men are used to enjoying a sense of equality in the home, the workplace, or any arena. But as many people are aware, there are golf clubs in existence that still pander to men at the expense of their female members. Here at High Meadows, we appreciate the talent of women golfers and their contribution to the sport. Not only do we host LGA tournaments, but we treat all of our members equally.
- Growing Friendships. There’s an easy camaraderie that comes out when playing together on a golf course. Whether you’re a new member looking to get to know fellow members, or one of our long-term members with well-established friendships within the club, playing golf together provides the perfect opportunity to grow those friendships.
. . .
Clearly, there are benefits to becoming a member at High Meadows Golf & Country Club. But don’t take our word for it, come see it for yourself. We’re offering a three-day golf getaway to allow other people to experience the beauty of our course and club and see first-hand the privileges of membership. Bring a group of friends, or come with your partner for a romantic weekend, and enjoy playing golf, sitting by the pool, and dining in our beautiful facilities.
We hope to see you soon!